Tuesday, March 31, 2015

A NICE SALAD FOR A GREAT WEATHER - SPINACH WITH LUKEWARM OLIVE OIL SALAD RECIPE


Finally the weather is getting better and it’s time to enjoy it on the terrace with a nice salad and an icy-cold drink. This is one of the salads that I usually make a lot at home because we love it - it doesn’t come from my previous life in Spain or from any of my visits afterwards. To discover where I tried this salad for the first time, we have to go north on the map of Spain, through the Great Pyrenees and end our trip in the marvelous France.

INGREDIENTS:

- 230 grams (about 8oz) of spinach leaves
-  85 grams (about 3oz) of diced goat cheese 
- 2/3 cup of shelled walnuts (I break large walnuts into 2-3 pieces).
- 1/3 cup of cranberry raisins 
- 2/3 cup of olive oil
- 1 cup of diced onion
- Salt to taste. One or two pinches of salt, but please don’t overdo it since the goat cheese already has a fair amount of sodium.

1/ In a medium frying pan, add the olive oil and place it on the stove at medium heat.
2/ Once the oil is hot, add the diced onion and with a wooden spoon spread it out evenly in the frying pan. Lower the heat a bit and stir frequently. Be careful, we need the onion to get golden but not brown.
3/ When the onion starts getting golden, add the salt and stir for a moment and then immediately transfer the contents to a small bowl that we will put aside so the mixture can cool.
4/ In a salad bowl or tray, add / spread the spinach leaves.
5/ Now spread the walnuts and raisins on top.
6/ Dice the goat cheese and set it aside.
7/ Now that the mixture of oil and onion has cooled a bit but is still warm, it’s the moment to spread it evenly over the spinach. 
8/ Immediately, spread the diced goat cheese over the salad.
9/ The salad is ready to serve.

This salad will be the queen of your table in your gatherings due to its beautiful look and amazing taste. Three tips:

- The salad has to be eaten when the oil is still lukewarm and not cold.
- Once you add the oil to the salad, this has to be served immediately since the spinach leaves go limp.
- Once you bring the salad to the table so people can see how beautiful it is, mix the contents before serving.

I hope you liked this recipe that is super easy and delicious. Ah! please don’t forget to comment and share. Thank you and buen provecho

BUENISIMO!

#buenisimowithdanielbuenos

5 comments:

  1. I will be trying this one of these days, you can be sure. I like the idea of cooking the onions first so they're not so strong. And I still have to try that wonderful shrimp recipe you've posted. Now that we're home for a while, I think I'll do it next week! I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! You are going to love this salad! Is the queen of our salads at home. My next recipe will be tuna bechamel croquettes! Easy and tasty :-) xxx

      Delete
  2. This looks wonderful Daniel ! I will definetly be trying this salad out on my family. They are so picky and you make it look so easy! Thank you!
    CincyVintageTrader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennie! Did you tried the salad? I hope you liked it :-)

      Delete
    2. Hi Daniel! I am planning to make the salad this weekend! I hope to surprise my Mom and Papa. It's their birthday. My Mom's birthday is today and my Papa's is on Sunday. I will let you know how it goes! ❤️

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! - Gracias por tu comentario!